Caer Las Guest WiFi
This room is provided with a WiFi hotspot facility, for the convenience of visitors, staff and Trustees. Please use it responsibly and remember that it is a shared resource, which should be used sparingly.
Please consult the security disclaimer below - by connecting to the hotspot, you are agreeing to the conditions set out in the Caer Las Unified Internet & Email Policy, copies of which are available on request.
SECURITY WARNING AND DISCLAIMER
WARNING: This free service is an open network provided for your convenience and its use is at your own risk. It is available to the general public and is NOT INHERENTLY SECURE. The providers cannot and do not guarantee the privacy of your data and communication while using the service.
- Caer Las Guest WiFi is a restricted service which is intended to provide access to public web pages and web-based email only. Other services and programs may not work
- Users of the Caer Las Guest WiFi service will be approved by a member of staff and given a limited time-slot for usage of the WiFi service
- There is no requirement for any laptop or mobile device to be checked, configured or registered for use on the service
- Usage of Caer Las Guest WiFi is entirely at the risk of the account holder. As such, we strongly recommend that the laptop has up-to-date anti-virus and all security updates applied before using the service
- Accounts will be enabled for a fixed period at the time they are created, to be determined by the administrator of the account. The period can be set at one hour to up to seven days, with the usage period initiating at first login
- Caer Las Information Services will monitor the use of these accounts
- Use of the Caer Las Guest WiFi network is subject to Caer Las Unified Internet & Email Policy
- In accordance with the Regulation of Investigatory Powers (RIP) Act 2000, Caer Las may routinely monitor information systems to assure the continued integrity and security of Caer Las' systems and users' compliance with the law. Disclosure of the content of messages and other data will only be undertaken with the specific authorisation of the Board of Trustees, Executive Director or Deputy Director, on the evidence of good cause
- Accounts unused after 28 days following the creation date will be deleted
- A login screen will clearly set out the entitlements of the guest user and the terms of usage of the account