Caer Las believes that people have skills, experience and insights to draw on, even in difficult times, that make them the real ‘experts’ in finding solutions.
Our role is to give them the time, space and support to move forward at their own pace and make the changes that matter to them.
Our work with clients is based on our core values;
- We believe that everyone has strengths and resources to create their own solutions and build a better life
- We regard everyone as having equal value and treat people with dignity and respect
- We are committed to absolute equality and fairness in everything we do
- We are committed to work with people who experience extreme vulnerability despite the challenges that this may present
Caer Las strives to apply LEAN principles in everything that it does, working to ensure that maximum time is spent with clients and offering face to face services to the people that we are here to assist. This allows for an added value and no waste approach to service delivery and achieving outcomes with our clients.
A ‘Solution Focussed’ approach is used to work with clients and encourage them to find their own solutions using their own strengths and attributes. All staff have been trained in the techniques that have facilitated real and sustainable change.
The scheme is staffed by 8 highly experienced development support workers and has the capacity to support up to 70 people/households. The team provides person centred support in the home and cover a wide range of issues that include:
- Tenancy and housing issues
- Benefit entitlement
- Education/employment/voluntary work
- Support networks/relationships
- Physical and mental health issues.
- Substance misuse/alcohol
- Criminal justice/anti-social behaviour.
The team works closely with other agencies and is able to refer or signpost to other services and specialist agencies for additional support. A range of additional services is provided that includes support delivery in range of european languages and British Sign Language.
The people we support are encouraged to participate in events and activities organised to reduce social isolation and develop a sense of community. Although based in Cardiff clients are able to take advantage of the services that Caer Las provides throughout the region, linking to other projects events and services. The scheme focus group further encourages the people we support to get together and share their experiences of support to enable scheme developments based on the feedback from our clients.
What our clients say:
How to contact Cardiff Support Scheme
Cardiff Support Scheme
15A Clive Road
Telephone 02920 498529 / 02920 498530