Current Volunteering Opportunites
Skills and experience required
- An enjoyment and enthusiasm for working with individuals on a one to one basis, and the ability to offer support and empathy.
- A willingness to encourage outside interests and social contacts to be developed by the persons they are supporting.
- An ability to acknowledge personal limitations
- Social reliability and honesty
- A non-judgemental attitude
- Good communication and listening skills
- An understanding of the need for confidentiality
- An understanding of the need for boundaries
- An appreciation of issues faced by people experiencing social isolation and exclusion
Responsibilities – Volunteers should:
- Be committed and motivated
- Attend Training/ Supervision
- Pass on relevant information to staff
- Respect and value the diversity, views, opinions and needs of the members within the service they are supporting
- Adhere to all relevant policies of Caer Las Cymru which will affect them.
Rights – Volunteers are given:
- A named person who is available for advice and support
- Information on the services offered by Caer Las Cymru
- Access to training and chances to learn new skills
- Expenses, and not made out of pocket
- Information on job opportunities
- A safe working environment.
- Covered by Caer Las Cymru public liability insurance
- Advised how to deal with discrimination and conflict