Job Title: Support Worker
Location: Connect Project, Swansea
Hours: 21 Hours per week.
Salary: £16,500 (pro rata)
The Connect Project is a client- led community resource centre dedicated to working with adults living with or recovering from mental health difficulties
Our aim is to provide a social framework that can enable adults living with mental health issues and other vulnerable people, to live as fulfilled lives as possible. We work to combat the personal and social consequences of mental illness, to promote innovative, client-led approaches to recovery, and to facilitate mental well-being through therapeutic activity.
Our key objectives are:
- to combat social isolation through supporting people to reintegrate into the mainstream community;
- to empower Connect clients to work towards greater independence and control over their own lives;
- to assist clients to make informed choices.
We are looking for someone who can work as part of a team providing support and opportunities to a range of vulnerable adults with mental health and learning disabilities. Our aim is to support clients to achieve an increased quality of life, independence and community involvement. This work you do could include
· Maintaining emotional and physical health
· Advocacy and Signposting
· Crisis Management
· Budgeting and Benefit advice
· Delivering workshops
Closing Date 26th July 2017